Former Egg Donor Undergoing IVF

Total Pageviews

Monday, August 27, 2012

Q&A: Can I Have Sex During the Donation Process?


Not that the whole world wants to know this, but I started my first menstrual cycle post donation today. TMI? Sorry, but this blog is all about my journey through the process, so take it or leave it.

This means that after menses, I can begin birth control, and return to normal sex life with my husband. As you know, going through the egg donation process and post-retrieval, it is required that the donor abstain from intercourse. Well, at least until the donor's next menstrual cycle.

It is so important, if you are married or are in a committed relationship, that your significant other understands that the donor must abstain from intercourse for 4-6 weeks. Sounds like a long time, eh? Well, that's because it is. So before signing that contract, talk it over with your spouse or boyfriend! :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

clothes donation
Top post. I look forward to reading more.

Unknown said...

rss feed submission service I had to refresh the page 2 times to view this page for some reason, however, the information here was worth the wait.

santamonicafertility said...

Thank you very much for sharing on this wonderful information with us. i truly appreciate it.

egg donor