Former Egg Donor Undergoing IVF

Total Pageviews

Monday, December 6, 2010

Retrieval Day

Retrieval went well. Especially, now that I was "put under" with anesthetics. They retrieved 15 eggs. After the procedure, I was able to get dressed myself, and I left only being a little sore.

The next day: I felt something that felt like menstrual cramps begin.

2 days post-retrieval: My menstrual cramps begin to feel something like menstrual cramps on steroids. I called the clinic and asked if they would prescribe me pain killers. I had been so uncomfortable with the cramps, I didn't sleep the night before at all. My last clinic sent me home with a bottle of Vicadin, which helped immensely with the pain. I told the doctor that I had difficulty sleeping, and was extremely sore. She told me to just take Motrin. I was really angry, but I dealt with the pain.

3 to 4 days post retrieval: The pain is gone... finally!

No comments: