Former Egg Donor Undergoing IVF

Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Test Confirms I'm "Normal;" Now Onto the Donation Process

mmmat43regvd.jpg image by salviaforme

Being a first time donor, I had to take the MMPI test, containing 500 questions. MMPI stands for "Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory" and is often used by trained professionals to identify the test-taker's personality structure in mental health and psycho-pathology. Along with this exam, I received a call from a LMFT (Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist). The LMFT called me and asked me really basic questions like, "What do you like most about yourself? Is your family supportive?" blah, blah, blah. The LMFT sent me an email later that night saying that I was perfectly normal and told me that my results were on its way to my agency for their records. Yay! I am "normal!"
I have 6 days left of my birth control Desogen (excluding my white, sugar pills). My agency asked me to contact them once I was close to my sugar pills, to make another appointment... I think? I'm not really sure what happens after my first round of birth control, actually? We'll see when the time comes.
Speaking of birth control, I emailed my agency about my weight gain. They told me that was not normal, and if it continues, to contact them. My "normal" victory with the MMPI was short-lived I guess... because I'm abnormal with the weight gain I had with Desogen. I gained another three pounds in one day. I am really annoyed with this weight gain, but I kind of expected these weight nuisances sometime or another with egg donation process. One of the questions the LMFT asked was my plans for the compensation. I told her it was all going into savings... I change my mind today, I need to take a couple hundred out to buy a whole new wardrobe for my bigger waistline :(




No comments: