Former Egg Donor Undergoing IVF

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

1st Appointment



















Today was day 3 of my menstrual cycle. I got my blood work and vaginal ultrasound completed...

I took my husband to the appointment with me because I was a little nervous for my first appointment. It was completely pointless that I took him though... He was way too fascinated at the screen visible to us, from the doctor's jelly'd probe inside his wife's va-jay-jay. I was a little uncomfortable with the feet--in-the-stirrup setup (on my period, no less) in front of a complete stranger. They counted 16 follicles total (8 follicles each) on each ovary. To be a potential donor, I am told you must have at least 12 follicles. I was hoping for more follicles, but as I take the required meds, follicle numbers increase. A fellow donor friend (the same friend who recruited me as a donor), actually has 30 or more follicles! Who knew I would be someday jealous of someone else's follicles?


















*****************************************************************************

Tonight, I started taking the specified birth control: Desogen. I saw online that it has horrible side effects (nausea, bloating, weight gain, mood swings...).... I hope I am an exception to one or more of these effects.

I'm not really sure what happens next... I think I need to take my 500 question psychological exam. next... so I will wait to hear from my agency to see who I call to make an appointment.

(Side note: Did you know that intended parents pay over $400 for this exam? This could be the most expensive exam you ever take!)


Other than that... I am waiting for further instructions from my donor agency.

No comments: