Former Egg Donor Undergoing IVF

Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 9, 2018

Day 3: Post embryo transfer

The day of my FET (frozen embryo transfer) came and went on June 7th. My experience might be a little different because I requested to be put under during the procedure. I didn’t have to drink 32oz of water before my procedure. In fact, I wasn’t supposed to eat or drink anything eight hours prior to be put under anesthesia. They asked if if could hold my urine until 11:30AM. I woke up at 7:13AM, and I tried holding it for an hour. I have the smallest bladder in the world, and after feeling like I was going to burst if I didn’t urinate right away, I gave in and peed. I didn’t pee until my procedure. I let them know and they said they could fill my bladder up for me if needed.

When they strapped my legs into the stirrups on the procedure table, the nurse pressed her ultrasound wand on my stomach, and she stated that I had plenty of urine in my bladder. Whew. 

I have really high anxiety, and my lower lip was uncontrollably shaking and I started breathing faster. The anesthesiologist noted this, and started my propranolol smoothie to my veins. It burned going in, but I didn’t fight the sleepy feeling off. I was down in a few seconds I’m sure. 

The rest of the stuff, I don’t remember. My husband was there and kept asking him if he saw the two thawed embryos go into my uterus on the screen. My husband has Superman eyes, and swore he didn’t see anything on the screen resembling an embryo. The doctor told him they’re about 2cm big so it would be hard to see anything. We did get a photo shot of it. All I can see is my full bladder and my thick uterus though. The embryologist or lab tech then comes in, used a scope to make sure all the embryos are no longer in the catheter. Once that’s done, I think they woke me up. 

I woke up to the feeling of a sharp pain in my low back. I was still drunk off the propofol, but two nurses guided me and helped me empty my bladder. Once I relieved myself, the back pain wore off. In fact, I felt fine right after. 

My husband ordered take out as my late breakfast and we munched on it at home. Afterwards, slept a few hours and woke up to some very mild cramping in my lower abdominal area. Like menstrual cramps. 

That was pretty much it for that day.

The day after my transfer, the cramps were back but less intense and i had no vaginal discharge, which i can’t tell if that’s a good thing or not. I also felt very bloated and so gassy (ugh). I took it really easy. My doctor had stated that I could return to 85% of my normal activities by yesterday but. I still took it easy. I alternated between lying down, sitting up with my feet elevated, and walking around the house. 

Today, I feel soooo bloated, less gassy, breasts slightly tender, and very swollen. The last few symptoms I mentioned could just be the estrogen and progesterone though. I am still having intermittent cramps, so I took two 500mg tabs of Tylenol to ease up the cramps. It feels like I’m going to start my period, is the best way to describe it. Except that I’m super emotional. I was alardeado crying at everything before the transfer so I don’t think that is too reliable of a symptom. 

My husband wanted me to go outside and do something normal, so we went to Costco together. I didn’t lift anything over 6 pounds, because I’m still scared about doing anything to ruin the implantation process. I know it’s out of my hands now, but I can’t help but feel like I can still take precautions. I noticed I was short winded walking, and my fat pants were becoming tight on me today. Like I said, so much bloating!! 

I have two more days off from work to rest. 

I hope my uterus is helping my two embryos implant, then these weird symptoms will all be worth it!